Maureen Devine-Ahl Launches New Book

Home » Campus News Latest » News » Maureen Devine-Ahl Launches New Book

by | Jul 24, 2020

Former Director of Alumni Relations & The Annual Fund, and former Senior Director of Advancement (2012 – 2014), Maureen Devine-Ahl has completed her new book How to Make the Matriarchy – a journey to learn about building a gender-equal society – to be published in December of 2020.

As Maureen explains,

“I wrote this book because I could never quite find my place in the battle cry of Smash the Patriarchy. Instead of rooting in destruction and rage, I was curious and wondered, what if we were rooted in vision and potential? What does a more gender-balanced society look like? Who in the world can offer clues to getting there? What are the biggest remaining barriers standing in the way? And most importantly, how can I take steps to enable this new future?”

My hope is that, in reading this book, you’ll join me in exploring the inspiring stories, cautionary tales, and takeaway lessons on what it will take to build a more gender-balanced future. In this book, I hope to instill in you the same passion and excitement I have for the potential of empowering women to build a newer, more inclusive society. I have learned so much on this journey, including everyday actions I can take to shift the culture and impact the future. I ultimately want you to see this book as a tool to help you discover ways in which you can do the same.

Maureen’s book will be published with New Degree Press, and she has set up a series of pre-order tiers to help cover the costs of publishing.

Visit her Indiegogo webpage to learn more.

CAMPUS NEWS