Further Positive News About the College’s Plan for the Future

Yellow Springs, Ohio, 5/4/22 — Antioch College has hired Vanessa Cubano as its new vice president for advancement. Ms. Cubano, along with the first class of new students upon the College’s reopening, has been a member of the Antioch community since 2011. She has served in various roles, including most recently as the Interim Director of Advancement. Vanessa brings a passion for furthering the purpose-driven mission of Antioch College and continuing to build upon its positive momentum. Her enthusiasm and dedication to Antioch is palpable and infectious. Ms. Cubano has a Master’s in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s in Technical Project Management. Her skills and experience are a vital asset to Antioch College.

“I feel immense gratitude as I step into a role that I have been guided towards over the past 10 years of dedication to the mission and vision that Antioch holds,” states Cubano. “I look forward to reconnecting with and re-energizing those who I have worked with in both the alumni and community of Antioch supporters.”

Dr. Jane Fernandes, president of Antioch College, shares “Advancement work is about developing trust and relationships. Vanessa’s understanding of how relationships and shared values inform strategic, mindful philanthropy programs, and her commitment to helping all students share in the promise of higher education, make her a great fit for Antioch.”

President Jane Fernandes (left) and Vice President for Advancement Vanessa Cubano