Position Summary:This is a part-time position that will provide best practice acute mental health treatment interventions, maintain documentation, coordinate resource linkages, work under the supervision of a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with Supervision status (LPCC-S), and meet the mental health needs of Antioch College students. Must be able to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends).
- Provide acute mental health counseling services
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Create and maintain all clinical forms – intake, releases of information, progress notes, treatment plans, etc.
- Facilitate broader resource linkages for students such as medication management and longer-term counseling services
- Provide training to Resident Advisors for crisis interventions and de-escalation techniques
- Conduct individual student needs assessments and develop care plans
- Create and facilitate training on a variety of mental health-related topics as indicated by student needs
Licensed clinical counselor, counseling psychologist or social worker
Required Skills and Physical Abilities:
3-5 years of mental health treatment experience. Experience with LGBTQIA college students, students of color, and students with intersection of identities is preferred. Familiarity with trauma-informed care and helping survivors of sexual assault a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Clinical Counselor or Counseling Psychologist Licensure or Social Work Licensure through the state of Ohio, or related counseling credentials.
Skills & Abilities:
- Movement within and across a historic residential campus
- Ability to present information and interact with individuals, or in small and large group settings
- Adept keyboarding, use of Google mail and Google docs, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation technology
- Speaking and communicating in person, over the phone, and electronically
General office/classroom/meeting environments and residential settings in a higher education institution in a semi-rural residential campus environment. Will experience temperature and weather extremes when outside.
Application materials for this position will be accepted until an appointment is made or the position is canceled. There is no relocation available for this position.
To apply, send email to email@example.com. Include the position title in subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following Application Materials:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience and interest in the position,
- A resume/vitae detailing your work history, relevant experience, and education,
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities. Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Your application will not be reviewed unless all application materials are received.
Electronic applications are preferred. Alternatively, you may send the same information by US mail:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.