Position Summary:The primary responsibility of the admission counselor is to establish and manage relationships with students, high school counselors, and other organizations in order to enroll students that will be successful at Antioch College. This position involves domestic travel and territory management to recruit prospective students to Antioch College. The admission counselor will collaborate in developing a recruiting plan that will include marketing, web-based communication, Antioch alumni, and travel in an assigned territory.
Join an amazing community and dedicated team of higher education professionals building a new kind of college. Antioch College is a small, private liberal arts institution located in Yellow Springs, OH, with a distinct approach to transformative education through its signature classroom-coop-community model. Our small student body is broadly diverse, coming from all over the United States. Over a quarter of our students are first-generation college students, almost half are domestic students of color, three-quarters are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant, and over 80% identify within the LGBTQIA+ community. At Antioch we are cultivating a culture of care and inclusion that will set the precedent for institutions of higher education moving into the future. Antioch has a long history of being a beacon of progressive thought in the United States. We were founded by abolitionists in 1852, reopened as an independent college in 2010, and our dedicated alumni match our current students’ tenacity to solve some of the most pressing challenges facing our society today.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Attend college fairs/programs and make individual visits to high schools in the assigned territory during the fall and spring of each year
- Arrange and conduct interviews with students
- Develop strong relationships with prospective students and families throughout the admission cycle through personal communication
- Respond to email communications from prospective students and their parents
- Enter prospective student data into Client Relationship Management System (CRM)
- Read, interpret, and evaluate students’ academic credentials and make admission recommendations
- Conduct research to identify appropriate high schools, set enrollment goals and develop a recruitment plan for territory
- Join and participate in regional admission and school counselor associations
- Schedules appointments for prospective students with faculty, staff, and admission representatives for interviews, campus tours, class visits, overnight visits, and airport transportation
- Read, interpret, and evaluate students’ academic credentials and make admission/denial recommendations
- Operate telephone console to receive incoming messages and make follow-up calls
- Compose memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Other duties as assigned in support of student enrollment
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience coordinating and organizing events
- Ability to work evening and weekends as necessary. Weekend and overnight travel is required
- Commitment to the ideals and advantages of a selective, independent, residential liberal arts curriculum is required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Google tools, and customer relationship software, preferred
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Superior written and oral communications skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, parents and the general public.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- ABILITY TO ORGANIZE AND PLAN: Identify tangible goals, establish timelines and key deliverables, work with others to gain buy-in and support to see goals realized.
- ABILITY TO WORK AS A MEMBER OF A TEAM
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport self to events
- Ability to safely move or carry items required for display at recruiting events and for other needs (up to 25 pounds)
- Ability to safely set up and take down recruiting displays
- Ability to regularly utilize office equipment including extensive keyboarding
- Ability to speak clearly on the phone or in person; individually or during presentations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Obtain a valid Ohio Driver’s License within 30 days of employment – REQUIRED
- Position works extensively in a heated and cooled office-like environments; seated or standing and utilizing standard office equipment such as networked computers, telephones, copiers, fax machines
- Regular travel by car or public transport device to attend college fairs or other professional events during various weather conditions
- Regular requirement to move around campus and in other locations, indoors and outdoors, over paved and rougher terrain experiencing local temperature and weather variations
About Antioch College…
Antioch College was founded as a new kind of American college, a place where students seek to “win victories for humanity” and engage in real-world problem solving in the classroom, campus and community, and through our renowned cooperative education program. Through participatory learning and work-based education, students develop and put their ideas into practice. Guided by talented teachers and mentors, students own their education through a robust Self-Designed Major program that encourages students to explore the transdisciplinary spaces within and between the humanities, sciences, arts, and social sciences.
Antioch College embraces diversity as a core value, and considers it fundamental to excellence in education. We are an educational community dedicated to the pursuit of social justice that intentionally and consistently supports diverse and inclusive practices. We seek candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s mission through curricular development and innovation that fosters social justice, cultural competencies and understanding of diversity.
Antioch College is located in the village of Yellow Springs, Ohio – a vibrant progressive community nestled between two nature preserves. Yellow Springs is located 55 miles from the fast-growing city of Columbus, Ohio, and 30 miles from the Dayton metro area.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in the subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following application materials:
- Cover letter.
- A resume detailing your positions and relevant experience.
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch College about your capabilities (will not be contacted without your permission). Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Your application will not be reviewed unless all application materials are received.
Electronic applications are preferred. Alternatively, you may send the same information by U.S. mail to:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
If you submitted application materials, we welcome you to fill out our Equal Employment Opportunity Voluntary Self-Identification Form here:
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com