Position Summary:Join the Admission team and make a difference. Learn new skills and be ready to share your experience, talents and ideas. The Admission & Financial Aid Assistant role helps keep the office organized and our data consistent, which supports our goal: recruiting change-makers within our Antioch community and beyond.
Be a wizard of clerical tasks (e.g. data entry, filing, and mass mailing preparation). Though unglamorous, this work is critical to our team’s success and our ability to make data-driven decisions. Help organize and set up special events and guide campus tours. Be a storyteller. Share your own experience as well as general information about Antioch over the phone, in person and online. Special projects may be assigned based on skills and interest in arts and multimedia (photography, video, online writing). The ideal candidate is willing to pitch in as part of the team and do what needs to be done with a positive attitude. Our Admission & Financial Aid Assistant has the ability to identify problems, articulate solutions and manifest change. Other duties, challenges, and acts of wizardry may be assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal Admission & Financial Aid Assistant is dependable and has a positive attitude. They see challenges as opportunities to problem-solve and suggest solutions. They are also comfortable speaking to small groups and on the phone. They treat all information with sensitivity and confidentiality.
Job skills required:
- Demonstrates attention to detail and the willingness to make “pretty good” even better.
- Is reliable and follows through with projects with multiple steps.
- Is able to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Accurately and professionally represents the mission and goals of the Office and of the College
- Respects confidentiality policies and follows FERPA guidelines
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly in Word and Excel
- Learns new technology quickly
- Experience in an office setting and/or customer service preferred
- Experience with CRM databases is fantastic, though not required.
- Experience with design software, blogging, social media, video production or photography may be helpful but not required.
Physical requirements needed to perform the duties of this position:
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Able to focus on computer tasks for prolonged periods of time
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
traditional business hours, based on availability
Hours per Week: 10
Weekdays Required: Yes
Weekends Required: No (special events, as needed)
Evenings Required: No (special events, college fairs, as needed)
Flexible Schedule: No
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
Term: Spring 2019
Job skills required:
Admission and Financial Aid
Immediate Supervisor Name:
Monday, April 8, 2019
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com