Position Summary:The Animal Caretaker position is focused on caring for our farm animals and their spaces especially during breaks, weekends and evenings. The Caretaker may also assist with other operational farm needs such as watering, weeding and/or harvest crops.
- Morning & evening animal care
- Maintaining animal areas & equipment
- Supply monitoring & replenishing
- Reporting any problems promptly
- Wellness care, as needed
- Other projects or tasks that support farm animals
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be reliable, observant, communicative, and able to work independently.
- Must be available weekends and willing to work outside in all weather.
- Experience with animals preferred but not required.
- Physical requirements needed to perform the duties of this position:
- Animal Caretakers must have the physical ability to lift full feed and water buckets, around 30 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather.
- Hours per Week: 10
- Weekdays Required: Yes
- Weekends Required: Yes
- Evenings Required: Yes
- Flexible Schedule: Yes
Winter, Spring and Breaks
Immediate Supervisor Name:
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following Application Material.
- Include the position title in subject line.
- In the body of the email answer the following questions:
- What is your Class Schedule?
- What hours are you available to work?
- What year are you?
- Have you worked on campus before?
- Submit your resume detailing your work history and relevant experience as an attachment in Word or PDF format.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.