Position Summary:Establish and manage relationships with students, high school counselors, and other organizations. Involves travel and territory management to recruit prospective students.
Antioch College invites applications for an Admission Counselor. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled or canceled.
Position Summary Description:
The primary responsibility of this position is to establish and manage relationships with students, high school counselors, and other organizations in order to enroll students that will be successful at Antioch College. This position involves domestic travel and territory management to recruit prospective students to Antioch College. The Admission Counselor will collaborate in developing a recruiting plan that will include marketing, web-based communication, Antioch alumni, and travel in an assigned territory.
Essential Responsibilities Of The Position:
- Attend college fairs/programs and make individual visits to high schools in the assigned territory during the fall and spring of each year
- Arrange and conduct interviews with students
- Develop strong relationships with prospective students and families throughout the admission cycle through personal communication
- Respond to email communications from prospective students and their parents
- Enter prospective student data into Client Relationship Management System (CRM)
- Read, interpret, and evaluate students’ academic credentials and make admission/denial recommendations
- Conduct research to identify appropriate high schools, set enrollment goals and develop a recruitment plan for territory
- Join and participate in regional admission and school counselor associations
- Schedules appointments for prospective students with faculty, staff, and admission representatives for interviews, campus tours, class visits, overnight visits, and airport transportation
- Operate telephone console to receive incoming messages and make follow-up calls
- Compose memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Other duties as assigned in support of student enrollment
Qualifications And Capabilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- One to two years’ experience is preferred
- Experience coordinating and organizing events
- Ability to work evening and weekends as necessary. Weekend and overnight travel is required
- Commitment to the ideals and advantages of a selective, independent, residential liberal arts university is required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Google tools, and customer relationship software, preferred
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Superior written and oral communications skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, parents and the general public.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- ABILITY TO ORGANIZE AND PLAN: Identify tangible goals, establish timelines and key deliverables, work with others to gain buy-in and support to see goals realized.
- ABILITY TO WORK AS A MEMBER OF A TEAM
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Required Physical Abilities:
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport self to events
- Ability to safely move or carry items required for display at recruiting events and for other needs (up to 25 pounds)
- Ability to safely set up and take down recruiting displays
- Ability to regularly utilize office equipment including extensive keyboarding
- Ability to speak clearly on the phone or in person; individually or during presentations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Obtain a valid Ohio Driver’s License within 30 days of employment – REQUIRED
- Position works extensively in a heated and cooled office-like environments; seated or standing and utilizing standard office equipment such as networked computers, telephones, copiers, fax machines
- Regular travel by car or public transport device to attend college fairs or other professional events during various weather conditions
- Regular requirement to move around campus and in other locations, indoors and outdoors, over paved and rougher terrain experiencing local temperature and weather variations
Application materials for the position will be accepted until an appointment is made or the position is canceled. There is no relocation available for this position.
To apply, send email to email@example.com. Include the position title in subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience, leadership and your suitability for and interest in the Antioch College position,
- A resume detailing your work history and relevant experience, and education,
- Provide contact information, including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address, for three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities (they will not be contacted without your knowledge).
Alternatively, you may send the same information by US mail:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Antioch College embraces diversity as a core value, and considers it fundamental to excellence in education. We are an educational community dedicated to the pursuit of social justice that intentionally and consistently supports diverse and inclusive practices. Antioch College acknowledges and seeks to end the existence of systemic inequity in terms of access to power, resources, and privilege and works to develop access and equity in the community. Within this context, Antioch seeks to build authentic engagement across diversity, ensure systems of support for historically and currently marginalized groups, and promote safety in challenging dialogues and exchanges. We believe diversity enhances learning and our individual and collective ability to manifest positive change. We seek candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s mission through curricular development and innovation that fosters social justice, cultural competencies and understanding of diversity.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities, and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org