Position Summary:The Antioch Farm Assistant will assist the Farm Manager, Apprentices and Student Crew Leaders in the operation of the Antioch Farm. Applicants must be willing to work outside in all weather. Each Farm Assistant has an area of focus in addition to the responsibilities below. Areas vary with the season and may include harvest coordination, perennial food forest, specific annual garden areas, irrigation, hoop house, equipment usage (mowing & string trimming), compost collection, and more.
- Plant & animal care
- Weed & pest management
- Harvest, rinsing and weighing of produce
- Bed preparation & composting
- Other responsibilities that support the overall functioning of the Farm
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Gardening, landscaping or farming experience (preferred)
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work well with others and problem solve
- Enjoys physical work
- Enthusiasm for what’s happening on the farm & the farm mission
Physical requirements needed to perform the duties of this position:
- Candidates must be able to regularly bend over, lift and carry up to 30 lbs, and push a wheel barrow full of compost.
- Farm Assistants work outside in all weather.
Immediate Supervisor Name:
To apply, send email to email@example.com with the following Application Material.
- Include the position title in subject line.
- In the body of the email answer the following questions:
- What is your Class Schedule?
- What hours are you available to work?
- What year are you?
- Have you worked on campus before?
- Submit your resume detailing your work history and relevant experience as an attachment in Word or PDF format.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.