Position Summary:This position involves working as a general office/editorial assistant at the Antioch Review. The student will perform a variety of clerical and other tasks.
A significant portion of the work involves handling of manuscripts that have been submitted for possible publication in the Antioch Review. This involves sorting and logging in of manuscripts received, logging out those to be returned to the author, and tracking manuscripts internally. Other responsibilities may include proofreading, research, assisting with mailings, and miscellaneous other duties.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Careful attention to detail. Computer skills a must. Abilities to: perform office tasks. Ability to work with little or no supervision. Ability to be flexible and to participate in thoughtful problem-solving.
- Physical requirements needed to perform the duties of this position:
- Manual dexterity: Must be able to type on a keyboard; use scissors, letter openers; use a computer mouse
- Vision: Must be able to see computer screens, read documents and other assigned written documents, etc.
- Ambulate: Must be able to climb stairs and walk distances around the campus. (We are located in Olive Kettering Library and often must deliver items to other buildings on campus.)
- Talking/Hearing: Must be able to hear phone conversations (answering the phone is one of the responsibilities of this position) and respond to callers
- Sitting/Standing: Must be able to sit and/or stand to perform duties
- Lifting: Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Noise: Office environment, minimal noise that including keyboard clicks, phones ringing, talking, ambient low-level noise.
- Fumes: Few if any fumes
- Dust: Consistent with office/library environments
- Hours per Week: 10
- Weekdays Required: yes
- Weekends Required: no
- Evenings Required: no
- Flexible Schedule: yes, during weekdays
Immediate Supervisor Name:
To apply, send email to email@example.com with the following Application Material.
- Include the position title in subject line.
- In the body of the email answer the following questions:
- What is your Class Schedule?
- What hours are you available to work?
- What year are you?
- Have you worked on campus before?
- Submit your resume detailing your work history and relevant experience as an attachment in Word or PDF format.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.