Position Summary:The Director of Alumni Relations at Antioch College is responsible for creating, implementing, and managing comprehensive programs and initiatives that engage and connect alumni with the College. This role plays a critical part in fostering a strong and active alumni community, building lasting relationships, and advancing the College's mission through alumni support, mentorship, and involvement.
Alumni Engagement Strategy:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for alumni engagement, in alignment with the College’s goals and values.
- Establish measurable objectives and metrics to assess the effectiveness of alumni engagement efforts.
- Develop an outreach plan focused on engaging alumni and friends around reunions and other alumni events.
- Develop, maintain and update internet-based programs to connect with alumni including an alumni engagement platform.
Event Planning and Execution:
- Plan and oversee a variety of alumni events, including reunions, and regional gatherings.
- Collaborate with the Advancement team to organize fundraising events that involve alumni participation.
- Oversee the structure and data collection around the Volunteer Work Project
Communication and Outreach:
- Create written and multi-media content for College publications including: website and social media platforms, the annual report, the alumni magazine, donor proposals, acknowledgment letters, and other projects as assigned.
- Gather compelling stories and content that showcases alumni achievements and the College’s impact on their lives.
- Recruit, train, and manage alumni volunteers, including class representatives and regional ambassadors in conjunction with existing alumni networks like regional chapters.
- Grow and maintain a strong network of alumni willing to support the College’s initiatives and programs.
- Organize and communicate between the volunteers for Volunteer Work Project and Antioch College.
Alumni Database and Records:
- Maintain accurate alumni records and ensure data integrity in the alumni database called Almabase.
- Utilize data to segment alumni for targeted engagement efforts.
- Initiate data collection projects to facilitate accurate communication with our alumni community
Collaboration and Partnership:
- Collaborate with other College departments to involve alumni in student mentoring, career services, and other support programs.
- Help facilitate the Office of Advancement’s goals to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni gifts.
- Serve as primary liaison and staff support to the Antioch College Alumni Association Board of Directors. Help define goals that align with the vision and strategic plan of the College.
- Work with the Office of Admission to develop a remote alumni recruitment program.
Qualifications, Attributes, And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree or MBA preferred)
- A minimum of 4 years of increasingly responsible professional-level experience in alumni relations, fundraising, public affairs, or related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Strong program development, relationship building, communication, and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the ability to influence and inspire.
- Demonstrated digital communication experience with social media and promotional tools.
- Ability to use computers including Google and Microsoft applications for word processing, spreadsheets, email and calendars.
- Proficiency with video conferencing tools such as Google Meet, MS Teams and Zoom.
- Ability to learn new software and other technologies quickly.
- Able to work nights and weekends as needed with some light travel.
- Experience with database management and alumni tracking software.
- Event planning and execution expertise.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build lasting relationships with alumni, staff, and volunteers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Position works extensively in an office environment; seated for up to an hour at a time
- Up to three hours of standing during events
- Utilization of standard office equipment such as networked computers, telephones, copiers, fax machines
- Ability to work at a computer keyboard for up to one hour at a time
- Requirement to move around campus, indoors and outdoors, over paved and rough terrain in all weather
- Requirement to travel by car, airplane, or other forms of public transportation.
- Indoor office environment.
- Movement around campus and during travel.
Application materials for this position will be accepted until an appointment is made or the position is canceled.
To apply, send email to email@example.com. Include the position title in the subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following Application Materials:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience and interest in the position,
- A resume/vitae detailing your work history, relevant experience, and education,
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities. Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Your application will not be reviewed unless all application materials are received.
Electronic applications are preferred. Alternatively, you may send the same information by US mail:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org