Position Summary:Antioch College seeks a Director of Communications to develop and implement strategic communications with internal and external relations. The Director of Communications will work closely with the offices of Admission and Financial Aid, Advancement, Alumni Relations, and Antioch’s campus learning hubs to support their communication needs. This position will report to the Dean of External and Community Relations.
Join an amazing community and dedicated team of higher education professionals building a new kind
of college. Antioch College is a small, private liberal arts institution located in Yellow Springs, OH, with
a distinct approach to transformative education through its signature classroom-coop-community
model. Our small student body is broadly diverse, coming from all over the United States. Over a
quarter of our students are first-generation college students, almost half are domestic students of color,
three-quarters are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant, and over 80% identify within the LGBTQIA+
community. At Antioch we are cultivating a culture of care and inclusion that will set the precedent for
institutions of higher education moving into the future. Antioch has a long history of being a beacon of
progressive thought in the United States. We were founded as a non-sectarian institution in 1853, reopened as an
independent college in 2011, with our dedicated alumni matching our current students’ tenacity to solve
some of the most pressing challenges facing our society today.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
In leading the full range of communications and public relations work driven by the Office of Communications, this position will:
- Collaborate with a team to develop and implement a comprehensive communication plan for the college.
- Develop marketing materials and campaigns that highlight the college’s unique offerings and value proposition.
- Conduct research and stay up-to-date on communications, marketing, and graphic design trends.
- Uphold college-wide communication best practices.
Internal Client Collaboration
- Collaborate with the Admission and Financial Aid team to create compelling content that promotes the college to prospective students and their families.
- Work with the Alumni Relations team to develop communication strategies that engage alumni and encourage their participation in college events and activities.
- Collaborate with the campus learning hubs to develop communication plans that promote the hub’s programs and services to the college community and beyond.
- Support the advancement office and the president’s office in their fundraising efforts.
- With team members, conceptualize, create, and present work for print publications, including brochures, magazines, direct mail, advertising, website, and electronic media design.
- With team members, help manage the college’s social media accounts, including creating content and engaging with followers.
- Help manage the college’s social media accounts, including creating content and engaging with followers.
- Determine and optimize creative content for search engines.
- Maximize media opportunities by developing and maintaining relationships with media members, influencers, and community leaders to generate coverage of programs, administration, faculty, and students.
- Supervise student workers when available.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Build positive relationships with faculty, staff, and students through participation in cultural and other College-sponsored
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with social media management and content creation.
- Knowledge of higher education communications and marketing is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of content management systems, social media, and other emerging communications technologies.
REQUIRED SKILLS/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Deep understanding of copywriting, graphic design, and publishing best practices and principles.
- Experience optimizing content for various media platforms, including advertisements, social media, etc.
- Creativity and ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrated exceptional proactive customer service skills and the ability to problem-solve with a positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented and exceptional copywriting and editing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, work as a team member with little supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Physical ability to perform daily office activities, including sitting at a desk, lifting light duty, and written and oral correspondence.
This position is in-person, with eligibility for partial remote opportunities (one day per week) by supervisor approval.
Application materials for this position will be accepted until an appointment is made or the position is canceled.
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in the subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following Application Materials:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience and interest in the position,
- A resume/vitae detailing your work history, relevant experience, and education,
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities. Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Your application will not be reviewed unless all application materials are received.
Electronic applications are preferred. Alternatively, you may send the same information by US mail:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com