Position Summary:POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Director of Major Gifts leads the growth of transformational gifts of $25,000 or more to the College. By engaging Antioch’s current and past donors, and by growing the portfolio of prospects, they will identify and qualify prospects, cultivate donors and prospects, solicit for major gifts, and steward donors for one-time, special, and multi-year gifts. The Director is a part of an Advancement team of four staff and a planned giving consultant and supports the initiatives of the President of the College. The Director plans, implements, and evaluates Antioch’s major gifts fundraising to raise $2.5M of the $4.5-$5M annual revenue budget.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of major donors and prospects with the goal of increasing gifts of $25,000 and up
- Manage a personal portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects, and the 50+ portfolio of the President of the College
- Align portfolio donors with interests and drive/engage relationships through strategic conversations, cultivation activities and events
- Record relevant data and update the constituent records within the database regarding philanthropic priorities, interests, relationships, capacity, etc
- Demonstrate reliable and personal donor communications, and ensure all major gifts are acknowledged in a timely and personalized manner
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations of major donors and prospects, and assist the board, other volunteers, staff, and the President of the College with their solicitations
- Implement dynamic moves management from mid-level donor prospects, to major gifts, to the President’s portfolio of transformational gift capacity
- Implement and update the major gifts portion of the annual Advancement plan and strategy, as needed
- A passion for supporting liberal arts higher education
- Three or more years of nonprofit or higher education development experience, including major gifts
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise flexibility, good judgment, and discretion
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to speak and write persuasively
- Overall computer literacy, proficiency with MS Word and Excel, Google products, and donor databases (Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus)
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- 160 hours’ vacation leave and 40 sick hours leave a year.
- 10 paid holidays a year, plus a week between Christmas and New Year’s off.
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- 3 hours of paid wellness time a week and a free membership to the Wellness Center.
- High Deductible Savings plan with College contribution to the HAS account, PPO, Dental and Vision with 79% premium coverage from the College
- Employee Assistance Program
- $25,000 basic life coverage paid by the college. Optional employee paid Long Term and Short Term disability, Voluntary Life coverage of up to $100,000 guaranteed issue, Voluntary Spousal Coverage of up to $50,000 guaranteed issue and Voluntary Child coverage.
- 401k with discretionary match.
- GLCA Tuition Remission program and Tuition waiver program
- Competitive salary, based on the experience and qualifications
This position is in-person, based in our College Offices in Yellow Springs, OH, with some travel required.
Application materials for this position will be accepted through October 31, 2023, or until an appointment is made.
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in the subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following application materials:
- A cover letter addressing your experience and interest in the position,
- A resume detailing your work history and relevant experience,
- A writing sample demonstrating your proficiency and vision in fundraising.
Your application will not be reviewed unless all application materials are received. Antioch College is committed to the goal of achieving equal opportunity for all and, accordingly, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression and characteristics, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, visible or invisible disability, or veteran status. The College complies with federal and state legislation and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. This policy applies to faculty and staff, applicants for faculty and staff positions, students, and applicants for educational programs and activities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com