Position Summary:Antioch College seeks a full-time communications coordinator to manage the college’s social media accounts, internal communications, and design work according to the institution's needs. The communications coordinator works collaboratively with various departments and teams to create content and implement effective communication strategies that engage and inform the college community.
Join an amazing community and dedicated team of higher education professionals building a new kind of college. Antioch College is a small, private liberal arts institution in Yellow Springs, OH, with a distinct approach to transformative education through its signature classroom-coop-community model. Our small student body is broadly diverse, coming from all over the United States. Over a quarter of our students are first-generation college students almost half are domestic students of color, three-quarters are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant, and over 80% identify within the LGBTQIA+ community. At Antioch, we are cultivating a culture of care and inclusion that will set a precedent for higher education institutions moving into the future. Antioch has a long history of being a beacon of progressive thought in the United States. We were founded by abolitionists in 1852 and reopened as an independent college in 2010. Our dedicated alumni match our current students’ tenacity to solve some of our society’s most pressing challenges.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive internal communications plan informing faculty, staff, and students about college news, events, and initiatives.
- Coordinate the campus communications content calendar.
- Build a campus media library collecting photos, videos, and other forms of content that can be used for external communications.
- Manage the college’s social media accounts, including creating content, and scheduling posts, especially for internal-facing social media channels.
- Manage and create content for the campus’ weekly newsletter called “One Morgan Place”.
- Collaborate with various departments to create materials that effectively communicate their message to the college community.
- Ensure all internal communication materials are consistent with the college’s branding and messaging guidelines.
- Work closely with the external communication manager to maintain and update the college’s website.
- Manage the college’s website directory and internal departmental phone and email directory.
- Communicate campus-wide announcements.
- Write and edit copy and messaging from various departments to the campus community.
- Assist the communications director by supporting to manage and maintain local Yellow Springs community relationships and partnerships.
- Uphold college-wide communication best practices.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices in social media, internal communications, and design.
- Support campus departments with website update requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in social media management, communications, and design.
- Proficiency in graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of social media analytics and web analytics.
- Knowledge of higher education communications and marketing is a plus.
- Knowledge of working with WordPress preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, and publishing best practices and principles.
- Experience optimizing content for various media platforms, including advertisements, social media, etc.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer services skills and the ability to problem-solve. Exceptional copywriting and editing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, work as a team member with moderate supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Physical ability to perform daily office activities, to include sitting long periods at a desk, light duty lifting, written and oral correspondence.
- This position is in-person, with eligibility for partial remote opportunities (one day per week) by supervisor approval.
About Antioch College…
Antioch College was founded as a new kind of American college, a place where students seek to “win victories for humanity” and engage in real-world problem solving in the classroom, campus and community, and through our renowned cooperative education program. Through participatory learning and work-based education, students develop and put their ideas into practice. Guided by talented teachers and mentors, students own their education through a robust Self-Designed Major program that encourages students to explore the transdisciplinary spaces within and between the humanities, sciences, arts, and social sciences.
Antioch College embraces diversity as a core value, and considers it fundamental to excellence in education. We are an educational community dedicated to the pursuit of social justice that intentionally and consistently supports diverse and inclusive practices. We seek candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s mission through curricular development and innovation that fosters social justice, cultural competencies and understanding of diversity.
Antioch College is located in the village of Yellow Springs, Ohio – a vibrant progressive community nestled between two nature preserves. Yellow Springs is located 55 miles from the fast-growing city of Columbus, Ohio, and 30 miles from the Dayton metro area.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in the subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following application materials:
- Cover letter.
- A resume detailing your positions and relevant experience.
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch College about your capabilities (will not be contacted without your permission). Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Your application will not be reviewed unless all application materials are received.
Electronic applications are preferred. Alternatively, you may send the same information by U.S. mail to:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
If you submitted application materials, we welcome you to fill out our Equal Employment Opportunity Voluntary Self-Identification Form here:
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com