Position Summary:Lifeguards ensure the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards uphold all facility policies and ensure compliance with local and state aquatic facility regulations.
Antioch College is searching for part-time Lifeguards for the Wellness Center. Applicants must be certified prior to applying.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the pool facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency;
- Be able to respond to an emergency and contact EMS;
- Conduct swim tests for children and maintain log;
- Handle all incidents in a manner appropriate to your training;
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services;
- Perform various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility; maintain appropriate daily activity and maintenance reports;
- Communicate and enforce all Wellness Center regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner;
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the pool facility to the Director or Assistant Director;
- Attend and participate in all scheduled staff meetings;
- Remain alert and use all senses while guarding;
- Work as a team with other lifeguards during special events;
- Test water, record results and report imbalances to the supervisor;
- Set up the pool for various activities such as laps, classes, etc. ;
- Complete injury reports;
- Assist Director and Assistant Director in keeping the community informed of pool activities;
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques;
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department;
- Ability to complete routine administrative paperwork;
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
- Must be 16 years of age or older;
- 6 months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified;
- Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send email to email@example.com. Include the position title in subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following Application Materials:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience and interest in the position,
- A resume detailing your work history and relevant experience, and certifications,
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities (they will not be contacted without your knowledge). Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Electronic applications are preferred. Alternatively, you may send the same information by US mail:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.