Village Impact Project
Community Mentor Coordinator
The Village Impact Project’s mission is to provide children of Yellow Springs Schools with responsible mentors from our community who share their interests, and to help make a lifelong difference in both of their lives and in our village through monthly activities with community partners. Our goals are 1) for all children in the community who want or need a mentor to have one who shares their interest, and 2) for the people in the program to become an integral part of the community through activities, fundraisers, and community service opportunities. We are changing our community two lives at a time.
This is a fairly new organization, and we feel a Miller Fellow would gain valuable experience in assisting a new nonprofit carry out our mission.
The primary role of the proposed Miller Fellow position will be to provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and volunteers running the mentoring program.
• Work with the VIP program director, and other volunteers
• Help to recruit volunteers and youth through working with teachers, school counselors, and parents
• Assist with marketing and communications for the program
• Support data and information management
• Assist with researching and identifying funding opportunities, including foundations, corporations, and individuals, and help write grants when appropriate
• Work with community members, businesses, and other organizations to obtain in-kind donations and to help incorporate the program into the community
• Help set up and run monthly activities with Volunteers and Youth through the above organizations
• Communicate with VIP Director (Donna Haller)
• Assist with program evaluation efforts (before, during, and after the year’s program), including the development of reports to organizations providing grant money and in-kind support
• Assist with social media platforms
• Attend board meetings
• Attention to detail
• Comfortable working with people and data
• Basic research skills
• Strong writing skills
• Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
• Interest in marketing and/or fundraising
• Interest in mentoring/youth development/leadership development
Miller Fellowships are offered to the following individuals:
- A full-time, degree-seeking student in good standing at a Greene County college or university with a preference towards an Antioch College student
- A high school student who is a resident of Yellow Springs/Miami Township or an attendee at Yellow Springs High School; high school Miller Fellows must be 16 years old or older.
- A resident of Yellow Springs/Miami Township under the age of 25 in a gap year before or during college or home for a vacation period
- Students must have completed the YSCF’s Nonprofit Leadership Institute (NLI) or apply and complete the next available NLI during their employment.
- The identified Miller Fellow can be a current employee of the nonprofit if they meet the requirements above.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com