Position Summary:This position assists in coordinating all office functions including ordering supplies, coordinating filing, various student worker projects, budget assistance, reception functions, mail distribution, special projects for the Office of Admission. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the day to day operations of the office including staff calendars, as well as establish and manage personalized campus visit experiences for prospective students, their families and high school counselors. The position is responsible for managing the logistics and communication for our on-campus visits, including hospitality, classroom visits, information sessions and tours, interactivities, open houses, student ambassador training, presentations, and orientation planning. The position reports to the dean of admission and will work closely with that position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES) OF THE POSITION:
- Apply, interpret, and communicate the College’s policies and procedures to prospective students, parents, and visitors, on the phone, in the reception area, and through email.
- Operate the telephone to receive incoming messages, rout calls, and make follow-up calls.
- Screen and direct calls and visitors, take and forward telephone and email messages.
- Manage office calendar and schedule meetings.
- Provide continuous high-quality general office support to the admission team.
- Track and manage all office mail and shipments to various constituents such as prospective students, college alumni, and admission team members.
- Monitor the inventory of collaterals and office supplies – submitting re-order requests as necessary.
- Record scheduled visits and send confirmation letters and emails as necessary.
- Perform typing and word-processing duties including correspondence, budgets, and mail-merge projects and prepare reports using excel.
- Assist with data import and export into and out of CRM and other data systems to and from external partners.
- Occasional work after 5pm and on the weekends.
- Communicate effectively with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Respond to email communications from prospective students and their parents.
- Enter prospective student data into client relationship management System (Slate).
- Develop and maintain a yearly campus visit calendar.
- Participate in hiring, training and managing student workers.
- Schedule appointments for prospective students with faculty, staff, and admission representatives. for interviews, campus tours, class visits, overnight visits, and airport transportation.
- Supervise student tour guides and assist in their training and development.
- Record scheduled visits, and develop communication flow of planned events for visitors.
- Other duties as assigned in support of student enrollment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly detail oriented and process-based thinking.
- Possesses an implicit understanding of the importance of maintaining high-quality records and data integrity at every interaction.
- Has the ability to communicate the importance of organization and detail to others on the team.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, parents and the general public.
- Proficient in MS Office and related software.
REQUIRED SKILLS/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to identify tangible goals, establish timelines and key deliverables, work with others to gain buy-in and support to see goals realized.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree or one to two years’ experience is preferred. Compensation and title commensurate with experience.
- Indoor office environment; heated and cooled institutionally.
- Movement around campus and travel during weather extremes.
Application materials for this position will be accepted until an appointment is made or the position is canceled.
To apply, send email to email@example.com. Include the position title in the subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following Application Materials:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience and interest in the position,
- A resume/vitae detailing your work history, relevant experience, and education,
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities. Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Your application will not be reviewed unless all application materials are received.
Electronic applications are preferred. Alternatively, you may send the same information by US mail:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.