Position Summary:The property management staff (housekeeping) is responsible for the routine custodial work in all campus buildings, including academic and office buildings, dormitories, housing, etc. in accordance with regular and periodic maintenance schedules. We are seeking a dedicated and professional housekeeper to join Antioch College who will perform a variety of housekeeping duties including vacuuming, mopping, surface cleaning, dusting, changing and laundering linen. Attention to detail and experience with service are required. The right person is punctual, and eager to learn.
The property management staff (housekeeping) is responsible for the routine custodial work in campus buildings, including academic and office buildings, dormitories, housing, etc. in accordance with regular and periodic maintenance schedules. We are seeking a dedicated and professional housekeeper to join Antioch College who will perform a variety of housekeeping duties including vacuuming, mopping, surface cleaning, dusting, changing and laundering linen. Attention to detail and experience with service are required. The right person is punctual, and eager to learn.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Maintain all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products (ensure safe and sanitary storage and care of products)
- Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, and mopping of hardwood, laminate, or tiled floors as needed
- Maintain all equipment in proper operating condition
- Vacuum and clean carpets and perform further treatments such as shampoo or stain-removal as needed
- Dispose of trash from bins and containers
- Dust and polish furniture and room accessories as needed
- Scrub sinks, basins, bathtubs, showers, and toilets in private and public bathrooms
- Clean windows, glass surfaces, mirrors, and counters as needed
- Keep all public spaces neat and tidy
- Report repairs and replacements needed when encountered
- Keep the campus buildings clean, safe and sanitary, in accordance with regular and periodic maintenance schedules
- Accomplish work in order to meet time requirements of facility usage
- Provide support to campus activities including set-up, tear down, cleaning
- Follow safety requirements for self and others
- Promote and implement sustainable cleaning practices
- Promote recycling program and monitor recycling streams to insure proper separation of material
- Other duties as assigned
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Demonstrated respect for individuals and community
- Demonstrated integrity and commitment to learning
- Demonstrated respect for diversity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Organized and able to follow a schedule
- Ability to work in a college environment where staff, students, parents and alumni are regularly present
- Ability to work side-by-side with student workers, other employees or volunteers and friends of the college
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Ability to stand or walk regularly and frequently indoors and out of doors within and between buildings and work sites
- Ability to regularly and frequently bend, squat, and climb stairs
- Ability to regularly and frequently lift, carry and utilize tools, devices, and materials needed to accomplish work, including vacuum cleaners, mops, water-filled buckets
- Ability to operate the necessary equipment to clean and keep buildings in safe and sanitary condition
- Physically able to push vacuum cleaner for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally, with or without assistance
- Ability to climb up, on, and down from equipment or ladders
- Ability to manipulate small hand tools regularly and frequently
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of relevant experience with knowledge/skills applicable to this role
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Position requires incumbent to operate in office, classroom and business space and to move about main campus and in other locations during all seasons and weather
- May occasionally work in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees.
- Will climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis
- May walk on uneven or slippery surfaces.
- Noise level in the work environment is variable
Application materials for the position will be accepted until an appointment is made or the position is canceled. Email submissions are preferred.
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience, leadership and your suitability for and interest in the Antioch College position,
- A resume detailing your work history and relevant experience, and education,
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities (they will not be contacted without your knowledge). Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Alternatively, you may send the same information by US mail:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.