Position Summary:Antioch College is searching for Swim Lesson Instructors for the Wellness Center. Applicants must be certified prior to applying. The Swim Lesson Instructor is responsible for planning, organizing, and safely leading participants through swimming classes. They are responsible for teaching swimming skills to participants of various ages and backgrounds. Instructor assures safety of all class participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safety of the participants in their class
- Be able to respond to an emergency and contact EMS; Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Complete injury reports when needed
- Work scheduled hours which includes beginning and ending class on time; remaining after class to answer participant and/or parent questions as needed, and clean up supplies.
- Instruct and evaluate students participating in swim lessons
- Submit completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information upon completion of classes
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions if necessary
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Communicate and enforce all Wellness Center regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the facility to Management
- Work as a team with lifeguards
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Previous aquatic experience is required
- CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification preferred
- Ability to demonstrate skills as required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, paddles, etc.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
- Ability to positively interact with the general public.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send email to email@example.com. Include the position title in subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following Application Materials:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience and interest in the position,
- A resume detailing your work history and relevant experience, and certifications,
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities (they will not be contacted without your knowledge). Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Electronic applications are preferred. Alternatively, you may send the same information by US mail:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.