Position Summary:The Member Services Attendant is responsible for providing a positive experience for members and to provide a high level of customer service. This position handles front desk related activities and assists the Manager on Duty with tasks as needed.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner, monitor all who enter the building
- Answer and direct incoming calls; log and report messages
- Respond to members questions in a professional manner and elevate to Manager as needed.
- Sign members into classes, and handle retail transactions
- Handle checkout, cleanliness and organization of check out equipment
- Conduct routine checks and cleaning of Fitness Center equipment
- Maintain basic level of cleanliness and organization at desk, lobby, and snack bar areas
- Observe and enforce the policies established for facility, elevate to Manager as needed
- Complete varied tasks, as assigned by the manager on duty
- High School Diploma or GED required
- First Aid and CPR certification required
- Customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge/interest in fitness and wellness preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Attentive and friendly demeanor
- Speaks clearly and understandably
- Physically able to guide visitors through the building
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn software
- Enjoys working with a diverse population
- Comfortable and confident in social situations
- Accommodating and respectful towards all guests, members and co-workers
- Enthusiastic about fitness, health, and wellness in general
- Able to follow instructions and follow tasks through completion
- Professional and courteous
- Athletic or business casual attire
- WC attire preferred, Antioch College or Solid color tops (no words or symbols)
- Gym shoes, or closed toe/rubber soled shoes
Must be able to work at least 6 hours a week and must be willing and available to work evenings and weekends.
Immediate Supervisor Name:
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following Application Material.
- Include the position title in subject line.
- In the body of the email answer the following questions:
- What is your Class Schedule?
- What hours are you available to work?
- What year are you?
- Have you worked on campus before?
- Submit your resume detailing your work history and relevant experience as an attachment in Word or PDF format.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.