Position Summary:The PlayWell Attendant supervises children ages 3-10 while playing in the Wellness Center, as the parents/guardians of PlayWell participants utilize the facility. The PlayWell Attendant provides access to Wellness Center approved equipment, suitable for use by children in the PlayWell program. The PlayWell Attendant encourages active play and participation, guiding the appropriate use of selected equipment. Must be available between 4-8 PM at least two nights a week and for some weekend hours.
- Provides a clean, safe and fun child care environment.
- Checks children into and out of the PlayWell program.
Ensures safe play conditions and follows established security procedures.
- Observes specific parent directions for special needs.
- Orients parents in regard to policies and procedures of child care space and maintains positive rapport with all parents and patrons.
- Develops and implements engaging and fun activities for the children and attentively watches and attends to the children.
- Treats minor injuries and completes accident reports; reports to parents, supervisor.
- Handles complaints and comments and refers comments to supervisor.
- Maintains good grooming and hygiene.
- Maintains clean environment; performs janitorial duties as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Develops games and programming activities when on duty and not actively watching children.
- Observes all Wellness Center policies.
- Dresses for active play in gym shoes and Wellness Center “STAFF” shirt, or other approved activewear.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous childcare experience required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a background check.
- First Aid and CPR certifications required (if not currently certified Wellness Center will facilitate training opportunities)
- Knowledge of basic child care practices, as well as an understanding of child development.
- Strong public relations and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with children.
- Demonstrated patience and skill engaging children in physical activity.
- Ability to move and react quickly in a variety of circumstances.
- Prior experience coaching or participating in sports or fitness background preferred.
Physical Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of this Position:
A Playwell Attendant must be able to actively play with 3-10 year old children and must be able to provide CPR and first aid if needed.
While PlayWell programming will mostly be provided inside the Wellness Center, the Attendant may take children outside to play when the weather is appropriate.
Immediate Supervisor Name:
To apply, send email to email@example.com with the following Application Material.
- Include the position title in subject line.
- In the body of the email answer the following questions:
- What is your Class Schedule?
- What hours are you available to work?
- What year are you?
- Have you worked on campus before?
- Submit your resume detailing your work history and relevant experience as an attachment in Word or PDF format.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.