Since the pandemic began in March 2020, we have been evaluating the COVID-19 risk associated with reopening the Wellness Center. Currently, the incidence of COVID-19 remains high in our area, so the Wellness Center will remain closed.
While we consider state permits and guidance in our evaluations, fitness centers and gyms have been labeled as one of the highest risk locations and activities for the spread of COVID-19. The first priority of the College’s Board of Trustees is the health and welfare of students and our community in making decisions about public-use facilities.
While balancing the numerous challenges over the past year have been difficult, Antioch College remains committed to a vibrant and strong community which benefits our students and local residents. We are hopeful that with the current vaccination rate and declining infection rate, restrictions on health facilities will be lifted in the near future and we can reopen the Wellness Center at full capacity.
When will the Wellness Center open?
While Antioch College has made the decision to carefully return to campus, reopening to the broader community will be done in a phased and careful fashion. We do not have a reopening date for the Wellness Center facility at this time. We remain cautious about virus spread in our facility, especially to our members who are at a higher risk for illness from COVID-19.
How are we serving members during the closure?
- Currently active members have been provided a link to our on-demand fitness video library to access on-demand video classes from some of our amazing instructors. If you are an active member and did not receive this link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the member’s only link to our on-demand fitness video library.
- Our Wellness at Home page provides links and videos for wellness activities you can do outside or at home.
How does this closure impact my membership?
- All monthly memberships are remaining on hold until we reopen, unless you have requested otherwise.
- Annual membership will remain on hold until we reopen if you have requested this, but remain active if you have not specifically requested a hold.
- If you do not want your membership to automatically start back once we reopen, you must request a hold for a specific period of time (minimum of 1 month and maximum of 4 months).
Email email@example.com if you have any specific questions about your membership.