Position Summary:The aquatics manager will ensure the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Upholds all facility policies and ensures compliance with local and state aquatic facility regulations. Performs cleaning and general maintenance of pool/spa operation. This position will supervise the lifeguard staff and cleaning activities. The aquatics manager requires participation in cleaning and management activities at various times which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. This position will perform lifeguard duties of 20 hours a week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and immediately work to resolve issues in collaboration with management and facilities.
- Respond to emergencies and activate EMS to secure safety of patrons
- Provide emergency care and treatment until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Conduct injury/incident investigation and complete reports
- Communicate potentially dangerous elements and areas of concern to the facility to the Director/Operations Manager and Facilities staff
Lifeguarding and Patron Service
- Perform lifeguard duties average of 20 hours a week and fill in as needed on the schedule
- Create a workplace that inspires well-being, respect, competence, responsibility and inspiration.
- Recruit, interview and hire lifeguards in collaboration with Director & Human Resources
- Orient, train, supervise and manage Lifeguards
- Manage and maintain lifeguard schedule
- Manage lifeguard timesheets and certifications
- Lead monthly lifeguard trainings in collaboration with Director
- Assist Managers and Director with communications regarding aquatics activities
- Assist the Director/Operations Managers with pool rentals
- Participate in aquatics budget process in collaboration with Director
- Other duties as assigned
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Perform maintenance duties to maintain a safe and clean facility in collaboration with Facilities & Housekeeping Department
- Maintain accurate cleaning and maintenance reports
- Test water, record results and report imbalances to the Manager on Duty
- Oversee the maintenance of water quality/chemistry balance of aquatic facility, through chemical controls, backwashes, bumps and media changes
- Light daily maintenance to the water quality/chemistry balance
- Maintain and supervise the general care and cleaning of the aquatic facility, to include the pool and spa area
- Support ordering chemical supplies
- Maintain safe chemical storage in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Report maintenance issues beyond light system maintenance immediately to Facilities Department
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma and/or applicable experience
- Associates degree preferred
- One to three years’ experience in community, corporate, commercial, health or college fitness facility management
- Maintain current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training
- Maintain current adult, child and infant CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
- CPO – Certified Pool Operator license preferred
- Water Safety Instructor certification preferred
- Swim Instructor Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department
- Excellent customer service skills standards and procedures
- Excellent organization, leadership and communication skills, including, but not limited to written, oral and interpersonal skills; and computer literacy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Experience with Customer Resource Management software
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, and teaming skills.
- Effective teaching, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and ability to handle and properly store pool chemicals in compliance with state, local and OSHA regulations.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- Ability to move equipment safely with or without assistance
- Ability to stand for an hour at a time
- Ability to move around campus, on surfaces that are uneven, during all seasons
- Work across all campus environments: office, classroom, wellness facility, indoor swimming pool, abandoned buildings, nature preserve, parking areas, farm, etc.
- Exposure to extreme heat and/or extreme cold
- Exposure to chemicals associated with pool maintenance and with facility cleaning
- Occasional exposure to excessive noise from power tools/machines
Application materials for this position will be accepted until an appointment is made or the position is canceled.
To apply, send email to email@example.com. Include the position title in the subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following Application Materials:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience and interest in the position,
- A resume/vitae detailing your work history, relevant experience, and education,
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities. Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Your application will not be reviewed unless all application materials are received.
Electronic applications are preferred. Alternatively, you may send the same information by US mail:
Office of Human Resources
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
If you submitted application materials we welcome you to fill out our Equal Employment Opportunity Voluntary Self-Identification Form here:
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org