Policies and Procedures
The policies of Antioch College’s curriculum and programs are developed according to standards set forth by our faculty and the Ohio Board of Regents. View the College’s Academic Policies in the Curriculum Catalog.
The policies of the Board of Trustees provide the framework for Antioch College administration’s implementation of and compliance with the intent of the Board.
- 01.001 Mission and Vision
- 01.002 Conflict of Interest
- 01.002a Annual Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
- 01.003 Code of Ethics
- 01.004 Compensation
- 01.005 Investment Policy
- 01.006 Financial Reserves
- 01.007 Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-Harassment
- 01.008 Meeting Minutes
- 01.009 Form 990 Review
- 01.010 Record Retention
- 01.011 Whistleblower
We prepared this handbook to assist you in finding the answers to many questions that you may have regarding your employment with Antioch College. Please take the necessary time to read it.
We do not expect this handbook to answer all of your questions. Your Supervisor and the Business Office also will be a major source of information.
Neither this handbook nor any other verbal or written communication by a management representative, is, nor should it be considered to be, an agreement, contract of employment, express or implied, or a promise of treatment in any particular manner in any given situation. Antioch College adheres to the policy of employment at will, which permits the College or the employee to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
Employment at-will may only be altered IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY in writing signed by the President or Chief Operating Officer of the College.
Many matters covered by this handbook, such as benefit plan descriptions, are also described in separate College documents. These College documents are always controlling over any statement made in this handbook or by any member of management.
This handbook states only general College guidelines. The College may, at any time, in its sole discretion, modify or vary from anything stated in this handbook, with or without notice, except for the rights of the parties to terminate employment at will.
This handbook supersedes all prior handbooks.
- Faculty Personnel Handbook
- 02.001 Equal Employment Opportunity
- 02.002 Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Policy
- 02.004 Sexual Assault
- 02.005 Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace
- 02.006 Workplace Violence
- 02.007 Non-Fraternization Policy
- 02.008 Employee Classification
- 02.009 Trial Period
- 02.010 Your Employment Records
- 02.011 Working Hours and Schedule
- 02.012 Timekeeping Procedures
- 02.013 Overtime
- 02.014 Staff Who Teach
- 02.015 Travel Time for Non-Exempt Employees
- 02.016 Safe Harbor Policy for Exempt Employees
- 02.017 Your Paycheck
- 02.018 Salary Advances
- 02.019 Performance Reviews
- 02.020 Record Retention
- 02.021 Job Postings
- 02.022 Recruiting and Hiring Procedures
- 02.023 Benefits Overview
- 02.024 Holidays
- 02.025 Vacations
- 02.026 Sick Days
- 02.027 Parental Leave
- 02.028 Lactation Breaks
- 02.029 Insurance Programs
- 02.030 Workers’ Compensation
- 02.031 Jury Duty Leave
- 02.032 Bereavement Leave
- 02.033 Voting Leave
- 02.034 Long-Term Disability
- 02.036 Employee Assistance Program
- 02.037 Inclement Weather and Emergency Closings
- 02.038 Military Leave
- 02.039 Family and Medical Leave
- 02.040 Workplace Conduct
- 02.041 Security Inspections
- 02.042 Employee Discipline
- 02.043 Problem Resolution
- 02.044 Life-Threatening Illness in the Workplace
- 02.045 Punctuality and Attendance
- 02.046 Use of Communication and Computer System
- 02.047 Use of Social Media
- 02.048 Personal and College-Provided Portable Communication Devices
- 02.049 Inspections
- 02.050 Smoking
- 02.051 Personal Visits and Telephone Calls
- 02.052 Solicitation and Distribution
- 02.053 Bulletin Boards and Posting Information
- 02.054 Confidential College Information
- 02.055 Conflict of Interest and Business Ethics
- 02.056 Use of Facilities Equipment and Property Including Intellectual Property
- 02.057 Health and Safety
- 02.058 Hiring Relatives Employee Relationships
- 02.059 Employee Dress and Professional Appearance
- 02.060 Publicity and Statements to the Media
- 02.061 Operation of Vehicles
- 02.062 Business Expense Reimbursement
- 02.063 References
- 02.064 If You Must Leave Us
- 02.065 Exit Interview
- 02.066 Outside Employment
- 02.067 Conference Representatives and Related Compensation
- 02.068 Identification Cards
- 02.069 Library Borrowing
- 02.070 Parking
- 02.071 Personal Property and Belongings
- 02.072 Pets and Animals
- 04.016 Racial Discrimination Prevention Policy
- 5.065 Misrepresentation Policy
- 6.0001 Responsible Use Policy
The Antioch College Student Handbook is intended to be a guide to the principles and policies that shape and regulate our community and help you navigate the Antioch experience. Students who matriculate at Antioch College have entered into a unique educational community, dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge through scholarship, experiential learning, community participation, and social justice. By joining this community, you are expected to understand and abide by the principles and policies that enable us to thrive as members of the Antioch community.
Antioch College recognizes that idling vehicles waste money and contribute to local air pollution and global carbon emissions. Antioch College prohibits college-owned vehicles and discourages other vehicles from idling while on the campus, except when necessary. Idling is defined herein as running a car engine while the vehicle is stationary for more than 3 minutes.
Antioch College recognizes the impact that more energy-efficient computers and monitors can have on sustainability. By saving energy, reducing heat loads within buildings, and encouraging recycling and industry best practices, Electronic Products Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) certified products can further Antioch’s sustainability goals while saving the institution money. Antioch College encourages the purchase of EPEAT Silver or higher computers and monitors, whenever possible.
Cleaning Product Purchasing
Antioch College acknowledges the important role that cleaning practices play in overall sustainability goals. By streamlining operations, using less water, using less product, and using more environmentally-friendly products, the Antioch community can reduce its impact. Antioch encourages the purchase of Green Seal or EcoLogo certified cleaning products, whenever possible.
Office Paper Use and Purchasing
Antioch College recognizes that the purchase of recycled content paper reduces demand for timber, conserving trees to reduce climate change and provide forest habitats. Purchasing recycled content office paper also encourages the manufacture of products made from recycled material. The Antioch community will strive to reduce paper usage through limiting printing, encouraging electronic communications, printing double-sided when possible, and encouraging the purchase of the highest percentage recycled content paper possible for campus printers, with a stated preference for paper with a post-consumer recycled content of 30% or higher.