You must be a registered Antioch College student to be eligible for this position.
The 365 Project is a Yellow Springs-based nonprofit organization that seeks to achieve racial equity in
Yellow Springs through courageous conversations and programs that celebrate Black culture. The 365
Project was formed in 2008 by a multi-racial group of Yellow Springs residents intent on recognizing
African-American culture not just during Black History Month in February, but all year round. The group
has had a particular focus on education because of its ability to empower marginalized groups.
The Miller Fellow will assist The 365 Project to move forward ongoing and new community projects.
– Maintain and update The 365 Project website, www.the365projectys.org as needed;
– Support to the Young People of Color Group: The Miller Fellow will assist the YPOC Group, students of
color from Yellow Springs middle school and high school on initiatives such as film screenings, and
workshops. The YPOC group is hosted by the 365 Project and meets monthly.
– Assist in the editing of the 2022 Supplement to Blacks in Yellow Springs: A Community Encyclopedia
that was first published in 2020 collecting submissions on biographies of Yellow Springs African
Americans as well as information regarding area businesses and organizations;
– Participate in meetings and planning of Inclusive/Resilient Yellow Springs, a coalition of which The 365
Project is a member, that in 2021 will gather survey information regarding barriers to diversity
(economic, age, race, ability, sexual orientation) in Yellow Springs, and then craft initiatives to eliminate
– An ability to work independently; The 365 Project is an all-volunteer organization; the Miller
Fellow will be the only paid staff person and will need to be prepared to work on a task basis
with limited day-to-day supervision;
– An interest in African American culture, and preferably some experience and knowledge of
African American culture;
– Computer and social media skills preferred;
Student must be FERPA trained for this position. If you are not already, then please discuss this with the supervisor during the interview process. Training is available during on-boarding for this position.
The Miller Fellows work will include:
- Using the computer suite in the Antioch Arts and Science Building to construct the online room
- Regularly consulting with 365 Project member Kevin McGruder for assistance in getting access to archival 365 Project and other materials, and to discuss the development of the room
- Meeting with Kevin McGruder periodically to show progress with the development of the room. The work will be for the Winter quarter beginning January 11th and ending on March 26th.
- The Miller Fellow will work up to 30 hours each week during the period.
Miller Fellowships are offered to the following individuals:
- A full-time, degree-seeking student in good standing at a Greene County college or university with a preference towards an Antioch College student
- A high school student who is a resident of Yellow Springs/Miami Township or an attendee at Yellow Springs High School; high school Miller Fellows must be 16 years old or older.
- A resident of Yellow Springs/Miami Township under the age of 25 in a gap year before or during college or home for a vacation period
- Students must have completed the YSCF’s Nonprofit Leadership Institute (NLI) or apply and complete the next available NLI during their employment.
- The identified Miller Fellow can be a current employee of the nonprofit if they meet the requirements above.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org