You must be a registered Antioch College student to be eligible for this position.
January 8, 2024 and ends on or before March 22, 2024, upon approval of the job supervisor.
Summary of Position: Supports Human Resources, Finance, and administration office while performing basic clerical duties.
Reception and Customer Service
- Greeting, welcoming, and directing all visitors, employees, and students appropriately and in a friendly manner.
- Providing information to visitors including how to access information/forms relating to finance and administration, providing college directory information if their inquiry is related to other departments, etc.
- Managing all general office incoming communications, including phone calls, mail, faxed documents, and email received in a general inbox.
- Maintaining a clean and organized reception area.
- Digitalizing and creating various financial documentations as well as reports of various sort.
- Organizing, scanning and maintaining files both physically and electronically paperwork/reports to support compliance projects, such as but not limited to weekly checks.
- Assisting with a variety of finance and administrative functions including pickup and delivery of mail and documents across campus.
- Sending and receiving information regarding purchasing and accounts payables.
- Continually seek ways to improve protocols, processes, and events within Finance departments.
- Intermediate skill level data entry for word/excel.
- Project work as assigned.
- Effective communication and organizational skills with members, colleagues, and the public.
- Excellent customer service skills: ability to empathize, problem solve and interact with diverse groups through a variety of situations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs.
- Ability to multi-task and organize workflow.
- Self-starters with an interest in learning about accounting.
- Understand and appreciate the dealing with sensitive information such as financial data.
Required Physical Abilities:
Able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Able to focus on computer tasks for prolonged periods of time.
Able to lift 25 pounds.
Movement within and across a historic residential campus.
Indoor office environment; heated and cooled institutionally.
Occasional requirement to move around campus, indoors and outdoors, over paved and rough terrain experiencing local temperature and weather variations.
Number of Positions Available (per term):
Hours per Week: up to10
Weekdays Required: Yes
Weekends Required: No
Evenings Required: No
Flexible Schedule: Yes
Term Position is Available:
Fall, Winter, Spring
Immediate Supervisor Name:
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following Application Material.
Include the position title in subject line.
In the body of the email answer the following questions:
What is your Class Schedule?
What hours are you available to work?
What year are you?
Have you worked on campus before?
Submit your resume detailing your work history and relevant experience as an attachment in Word or PDF format.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities, and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.