For Alumni & Friends of Antioch College
Current and past issues of The Antiochian are available as flipable documents below.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! Antiochian women: we want to hear from you.
An upcoming issue of The Antiochian will focus on some of the accomplishments, perspectives, and thinking of Antiochian women, past and present.
Please consider answering any (or all) of the questions below and submitting them to The Antiochian; your contributions may be included in the issue.
- Why did you choose to come to Antioch College?
- What did you learn at Antioch that you find important in your everyday life now?
- What truth did Antioch help you to recognize and/or confront?
- Do you have any good Co-op stories to share?
- Are there any assumptions about women that you would like to change? Why?
- Who or what has influenced your career or life choices?
- Share some of your wins or successes with us. How were they possible?
- What makes you hopeful for future generations of women?
- What do you believe will be the biggest challenge for the generation of women behind you?
- Do you identify as a feminist? Why or why not?
- Are there organizations or communities with which you are involved (outside of your job)?
- Are there political or social issues you advocate for?
- Since we are lifelong learners, what would you like to learn next?
We will also consider submission of writing, poetry, art, etc.
SUBMISSIONS: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Antiochian Women Submission.
DETAILS: Answers should be complete and ready for publication. Contributions may be edited for length, clarity, or style standards. Please note that we will not be able to accommodate all submissions; the editors reserve the right not to publish everything that is submitted.
PHOTOS WELCOME: For best quality, digital photos should be submitted in at least 3″ X 5″ sized at 300 dpi (or 900 x 1500 pixels). Prints may be submitted by mail. Photos may be cropped or touched-up before print. Photos and images submitted to be published will be selected based on photo quality and space available.
DEADLINE: Please make your submission by May 30, 2019.
Contributions, Letters, and Class Notes Welcome
Contributions of articles, photographs, and artwork to The Antiochian are welcome. All submissions will be edited for length, spelling, grammar, and editorial style. The Office of Communications will notify you if your submission is accepted for publication. Send potential contributions to: email@example.com or standard post (see below).
Letters should be no longer than 150 words, must refer to an article that has appeared in The Antiochian, and must include the writer’s full name, class year (if applicable), as well as city and state of residence.
No attachments, please. We do not publish anonymous letters. Send letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org or standard post (see below).
Class Notes should be 75 words or less and written in the third person. Send notes to: email@example.com or standard post (see below).
Photos and images submitted to be published with the Class Notes will be selected based on photo quality and space available. For best quality, digital photos should be submitted in at least 3″ X 5″ size at 300 dpi (or 900 x 1500 pixels). Prints may be submitted by mail. Photos may be cropped or touched-up before print.
One Morgan Place
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Please note: While we appreciate all feedback, we reserve the right not to publish everything that is submitted. Contributions and letters may be edited for length, clarity, or style standards.