You must be a registered Antioch College student to be eligible for this position.
January 8, 2024 and ends on or before March 22, 2024, upon approval of the job supervisor.
Summary of Position:
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Title IX Coordinator on all activities, programming, and events related to the prevention of sexual violence. In this position, the Assistant Prevention Advocate will research models of prevention that could work well here at Antioch. The student is also expected to propose ideas for events and programming related to prevention and to provide technical assistance to existing events and programming (i.e. Sexual Assault Awareness Month). The Assistant Prevention Advocate is also expected to provide technical support to an upcoming Prevention Retreat happening on May 15th. The Prevention Advocate will also research an ideal Ambassador program for prevention programming that other students could be involved in. In their research for events and programming related to sexual violence prevention, The Prevention Advocate should prioritize accessing resources in the local Dayton area that are low-cost or free.
- Assist in the writing of the Title IX Coordinator newsletters
- Assist the Title IX Coordinator with the existing events and programming
- Design an assessment tool that can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of prevention programming
- Engage local resources that can be utilized for prevention programming (i.e. guest speakers)
- Promote prevention events and initiatives across campus as they occur
- Propose an ambassador or a volunteer program that other students can join to engage in prevention programming
- Propose ideas for events, initiatives, and other programming related to sexual violence prevention
- Research models of prevention and initiatives that could be implemented on Antioch’s campus
- Research grants and other funding for the implementation of prevention programming
- Comfortable discussing and planning events related to difficult or sensitive topics
- Experience with basic software including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Drive, Google Documents, and Google Sheets
- Experience with event planning and/or promotion
- Experience working in an office environment
- Experience/Strong interest in working on programming related to gender equity
Please note that participants are encouraged to apply even if they don’t possess all preferred qualifications
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
Required Physical Abilities:
May occasionally need to lift up to 40lbs
Must be able to give verbal direction in English as well as read and write English
Standard office environment- Position works extensively in an office environment; seated or standing and utilizing standard office equipment such as networked computers, telephones, copiers, fax machines..
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Number of Positions Available (per term):
Hours per Week: up to10
Weekdays Required: Yes
Weekends Required: No
Evenings Required: No
Flexible Schedule: Yes
Pay Rate (per hour): $10.10
Term Position is Available:
Fall, Winter, Spring – upon approval of the job supervisor.
Immediate Supervisor Name:
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following Application Material.
Include the position title in subject line.
In the body of the email answer the following questions:
What is your Class Schedule?
What hours are you available to work?
What year are you?
Have you worked on campus before?
Submit your resume detailing your work history and relevant experience as an attachment in Word or PDF format.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities, and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com