Select Page

Transfer Credit Policy

Home » Admission » Transfer Credit Policy


Antioch College allows each student up to two full years of academic credit and one co-op experience from all transfer sources, including:

  • Advanced Placement exams
  • International Baccalaureate exams
  • Coursework from other colleges or universities (for courses with grade C or above)
  • Workplace experience; and Military coursework

Click here to request a preliminary evaluation of transfer credit.

Antioch College awards credit in quarter hours. If a transcript presents credit in semester hours, credits will be converted to quarter hours.

Students are asked to must submit transcripts for all previous study when applying to Antioch College. A transcript is only official when it is sent directly to the Office of Admission from the issuing institution, or when it is issued to the student in a sealed envelope. 

The following applies to evaluation of transfer credits.

  • Course(s) considered for transfer credit must be appropriate for degree requirements at Antioch College.
  • Grades earned at other colleges and universities are not transferable or included in the calculation of grade point averages at Antioch College.
  • Remedial courses are not acceptable for transfer credits.
  • Competency or proficiency credit earned from an exam at another college or university is not acceptable transfer credit.
  • Antioch does not accept credit for correspondence courses.

Note on Language Credits: Antioch College’s language requirement is proficiency based. While credit for language courses may be accepted, new and transfer students must take a language proficiency assessment prior to initial enrollment for course-level placement in languages offered at Antioch College.

For Students with credits from Sinclair, Clark State or Columbus State community colleges

Login to Transferology to see how your courses will transfer, and contact us with any questions.

You may also send your transcripts directly to the Office of Admission for a preliminary assessment. Click this link to request a preliminary transfer credit assessment today. 




Credit for AP and IB Examinations

Credits are awarded for appropriate scores earned on selected Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) examinations. Incoming first-year and transfer students with sufficiently high scores on appropriate AP and IB exams of the appropriate level may receive academic credit for their scores. Credits associated with acceptance of AP and IB scores will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Students are encouraged to inquire at the Registrar’s Office for more information. Note that credits awarded for exam scores count against a student’s total allowable transfer credits, and are subject to all of the policies regarding transfer of credit. Official score results must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. An AP/ IB transfer chart is posted on the college website, which identifies approved course considerations and additional specifications in relation to credit for AP and IB examinations.

Credit For AP And IB – Score Sheet

Transfer Placement for Relevant Work Experience

Students who transfer to Antioch College with at least second-year status may be eligible for placement into the Co-Op Field Experience for Transfer Students (COOP 125T) course during their first term of enrollment and may have their prior work experience counted as one of the cooperative educational experiences required for a Bachelor’s Degree. Co-Op Field Experience for Transfer Students is a 2-credit course that entails reading and reflective writing assignments about learning from work. This course must be taken concurrently with COOP 145 Foundations of Community Action: Preparation for Cooperative Education. In order to qualify for placement into COOP 125T, the following criteria must be met:

  1. Students must have worked in a paid position within one calendar year of matriculation at Antioch College.
  2. Students must have worked a minimum of 300 clock hours (work hours themselves are not applicable to receiving transfer credit).
  3. An Employment Verification Form must be submitted prior to matriculation to the Office of Admissions for applicant file completion and co-op/registrar referral purposes.