Health & Safety Protocols
The following safety protocols are in place for all members of the Antioch community
- See current Mask Guidelines here.
- See the Vaccination Policy here.
- See meetings and gatherings guidelines here.
- Indoor social distancing of one meter (approximately three feet).
- Random covid testing will continue through the Fall 2021 term.
- Personal daily monitoring and assessment of potential symptoms. Contact your healthcare provider if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms (students report any positive cases to Campus Nurse, employees report to Human Resources). Use the CDC COVID Self-Checker.
- Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitizer.
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols following CDC guidelines.
- Disposable wipes will be made available so that commonly used surfaces and objects can be wiped down before use.
- Community agreement signed by all students, faculty, and staff.
- Consequences for those who don’t adhere to all safety protocols.
Hallways & Stairs
Individuals in hallways and stairs must follow physical distancing by standing three feet away from each other. Please allow others to pass at a safe distance by walking to the right and standing aside on a landing as needed.
Please take building stairs when possible. Elevator capacity has been adjusted to a maximum of 2 people per elevator with the exception of the Olive Kettering Library elevator which has a maximum capacity of 1 person. Elevator occupants must ensure physical distancing by standing at a diagonal from each other and wearing a face covering. Use an object to push the elevator button, and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately after departing the elevator.
Individuals using campus restrooms should:
- Wear a face mask/covering.
- If needed, wait outside the restroom in a physically distanced line until physical distancing inside the restroom can be achieved.
- Avoid touching your face after touching door handles.
- Wash with soap or sanitize your hands after using the restroom.
For more information about academics, residence halls, dining, and more, please visit the current academic term guide here.
Reporting Illness or Infection
If you encounter any of the following, students must contact the campus nurse and employees must contact HR immediately:
- A positive test result for COVID-19.
- Exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have traveled overnight and been instructed to isolate and/or quarantine as a result of travel.
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms; CDC COVID Self-Checker