Thank you for your interest in The Wellness Center. We are in the process determining our needs at the Center and will post positions as they become available.
If you have experience with fitness and wellness and are interested in offering your skills at The Wellness Center please contact us for more information.
Antioch College is searching for part-time Lifeguards for the Wellness Center. Applicants must be certified prior to applying. Listed below is the job description for the position. Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume and at least three references to email@example.com. Electronic applications are preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Lifeguards ensure the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards uphold all facility policies and ensure compliance with local and state aquatic facility regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the pool facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
• Be able to respond to an emergency and contact EMS
• Conduct swim tests for children and maintain log
• Handle all incidents in a manner appropriate to your training
• Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
• Perform various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
• Maintain appropriate daily activity and maintenance reports.
• Communicate and enforce all Wellness Center regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner
• Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the pool facility to the Director or Manager
• Attend all scheduled staff meetings
• Participate in staff trainings
• Remain alert and use all senses while guarding
• Work as a team with other lifeguards during special events
• Test water, record results and report imbalances to the supervisor
• Set up the pool for various activities such as laps, classes, etc.
• Complete injury reports
• Assist Director and Managers in keeping the community informed of pool activities
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Must be 16 years of age or older
• 6 months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
• Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
• Ability to complete routine administrative paperwork.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
Antioch College is searching for part-time swim instructors for the Wellness Center. Listed below is the job description for the position. Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic applications are preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Swim Lesson Instructor is responsible for planning, organizing, and safely leading participants through swimming classes. They are responsible for teaching swimming skills to participants of various ages and backgrounds. Instructor assures safety of all class participants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES) OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for the safety of the participants in their class
- Be able to respond to an emergency and contact EMS; Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Complete injury reports when needed
- Work scheduled hours which includes beginning and ending class on time; remaining after class to answer participant and/or parent questions as needed, and clean up supplies.
- Instruct and evaluate students participating in swim lessons
- Submit completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information upon completion of classes
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions if necessary
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Communicate and enforce all Wellness Center regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the facility to Management
- Work as a team with lifeguards
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Previous aquatic experience is required
- CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification preferred
- Ability to demonstrate skills as required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, paddles, etc.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
- Ability to positively interact with the general public.