As a community hub for education and innovation, Antioch College is pleased to offer a variety of programs to the public.
Two academic “Special Topics in Political Economy” courses—offered for credit or audit—are being taught by distinguished Antioch College alumni. The courses are:
- “Introduction to American Law” taught by Michael W.L. McCrory ’69 (July 8 – August 2, 2019)
- “Democratic Socialist Alternatives for the 21st Century” taught by Ted George Goertzel ’64 (July 15 – 19, 2019)
Learn more about courses open to the public for credit or audit.
Also new this summer are special Institutes rooted in Antioch College’s five areas of practice: Environmental Sustainability; Deliberative Democracy, Diversity, and Social Justice; Creativity and Story; Well-Being; and Work, World, and Resilient Community. The Summer Institute offerings are:
- Bird Language and Nature Awareness (July 13, 2019)
- Artificial Intelligence Symposium (July 15, 2019)
- Community Renewal & Re-Imagining America (July 20, 2019)
- Outer Banks Birdwatching Field Trip (July 24 – 28, 2019)
- Flow 2019: “Ways of Knowing” (July 27)
- Bootcamp for Activism (August 1 – 3, 2019)
Learn more about Antioch College Institutes and register today.
We invite you to participate
Antioch College is also offering Learning Collaborative quarterly throughout the year. Recent offerings have included such topics as Guitar Instruction, Voice-Over, Shakespearean Plays, etc. For more events and other opportunities to engage with Antioch College, please visit the Public Programs page.