As a community hub for education and innovation, Antioch College is pleased to offer a variety of programs to the public.
Two academic “Special Topics in Political Economy” courses—offered for credit or audit—are being taught by distinguished Antioch College alumni. The courses are:
- “Introduction to American Law” taught by Michael W.L. McCrory ’69 (July 8 – August 2, 2019)
- “Democratic Socialist Alternatives for the 21st Century” taught by Ted George Goertzel ’64 (July 15 – 19, 2019)
Learn more about courses open to the public for credit or audit.
Also new this summer are special Institutes rooted in Antioch College’s five areas of practice: Environmental Sustainability; Deliberative Democracy, Diversity, and Social Justice; Creativity and Story; Well-Being; and Work, World, and Resilient Community. The Summer Institute offerings are:
- Bird Language and Nature Awareness (July 13, 2019)
- Artificial Intelligence Symposium (July 15, 2019)
- Community Renewal & Re-Imagining America (July 20, 2019)
- Outer Banks Birdwatching Field Trip (July 24 – 28, 2019)
- Flow 2019: “Ways of Knowing” (July 27)
- Bootcamp for Activism (August 1 – 3, 2019)
We invite you to participate
Antioch College is also offering Learning Collaborative quarterly throughout the year. Recent offerings have included such topics as Guitar Instruction, Voice-Over, Shakespearean Plays, etc. For more events and other opportunities to engage with Antioch College, please visit the Public Programs page.